Monday, July 30, 2007

The Pillar Commentary Series

In an earlier post Justin C. recommended Leon Morris' commentary in the Pillar Commentary series on Romans. I don't have that one yet, but I do agree that this series of commentaries is excellent. Go here to find out more about the series, the commentaries that are out, and the ones that are forthcoming. Carson on Galatians is definitely promising, and I'm sure his commentary on Revelation will be excellent as well (from an amil position.)

Jim - I'll be getting those answers up tonight! We're headed out of town on Wednesday, so everything is kind of hectic right now. Anyway, I expect a free hour or so tonight to respond to your questions. Till then, you may want to check out this essay which addresses your first question.

Grace and peace,

JN

2 comments:

pastor justin said...

I could use that Carson on Galatians right now!

Anonymous said...

Actually, Carson describes his position as "premillennial of a sort" or something like that. He's not your typical premill, but I don't think he's amill either, and the post you link to doesn't really make its case that he is amill, as my comments there have tried to show.