Saturday, February 17, 2007

Thanks for Your Prayers

Hey guys - I just wanted to thank you again for all your prayers for my family. I'll try and post as soon as possible to let you know how everything turned out. In the meantime, I wanted to share with you a post my wife put on her blog when we first received the bad news about our child back in early November. Her faith in Christ has been an incredible blessing to me:

"David Elisha seems to be an active, tiny, little fellow right now, but he is very special. You see, he most likely won't be with us very long. He has a whole list of things that will be problems for him--possibly before he is born, but certainly after. These only begin with a Dandy Walker cyst on his brain which is causing hydrocephalus and other problems, a diaphragmatic hernia which has caused many of his organs to move to places they are not supposed to be, and a pretty serious heart defect.

We were somewhat surprised to learn all of these things a few weeks ago, but you know what--God wasn't. When it comes to Him, we can confidently say...

For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there were none of them.
--Psalm 139:13-16

...even little David.

Please, don't pity us. Only pray with us that God will give us increased faith and strengthen us physically. But pray most of all that David's life will somehow touch hearts and open the eyes of others to show them the grace and mercy of God that they may soon rest in the faith that we know."

What a wife! And what a testimony. Whatever happens on Monday, our desire is that God be glorified. May He accomplish His purpose; we will hold our peace and be satisfied.
Justin N.

http://crystaln.blogspot.com/2006_11_01_archive.html

1 comment:

Pastor Randy said...

It truly is a blessing to have a wonderful wife who is full of faith in the only Sovereign. If we do not talk before Monday, please know that my wife and I and our church is praying for you guys.