Saturday, May 12, 2007

It Finally Came!

After waiting and waiting, today I finally received my "Anointed Bible Acts 19:11-12 Green Prosperity Prayer Handkerchief"! I needed it for a sermon illustration in a few weeks.

Here's what happened: While visiting my family in Alabama, I saw a religious program featuring Don Stewart - a man gifted by God for preaching, prophesying, healing, etc. He told me that if I would request my Green Prosperity Prayer Handkerchief, my miracle would be on the way. His Prayer Cloth could be my "Touchpoint" for God's abundance and healing in my life. Well, what could I do but request one?

So today it came. There's not much special about the handkerchief itself- it's just a cheap, thin piece of green fabric with fraying ends. But what is important is what I am to do with the hanky. Here are my instructions from Pastor Stewart:

1. On the handkerchief, I am supposed to write my name and the amount of money that I need.

2. Then, I am supposed to touch the hanky to my forehead. This is for the healing of any diseases in my body.

3. I am supposed to put the hanky in my billfold overnight. (This helps trigger the financial blessings.)

4. First thing tomorrow morning, I am to send the hanky back to Pastor Stewart so that he can annoint it with oil. He'll then send it back to me, and my miracle will be on the way.

Oh, one more thing. I'm asked to send a donation for his ministry along with the hanky. This isn't required, but his letter is filled with stories of people who "gave God their best" and then received "God's best" in return. A few quotes:

"Justin, whatever you make happen for God's work, God will make happen for you."

"Do you feel the anointing in this letter? Is God speaking to you now while you read these words? PLEASE OBEY THE WORD OF GOD. The greater your sacrifice, the greater your blessings."

And of course, the letter is filled with testimonies. I'll just quote a few:

"I felt like life was not worth living. I had so many debts, I didn't know what to do. I took a giant leap of faith and gave God $150. That was my best. Then God started giving me HIS best. He's brought me blessing after blessing and THOUSANDS of dollars so far." (Ms. Nori)

"Dear Rev. Stewart, I just had to write and tell you the Green Prayer Cloth you sent me really works. I put it in my wallet for 2 days just like you told me to, and $3,000.00 came from nowhere. It was something that never happened to me before." (J. C. Jr.)

"I made a pledge of $50 and by the end of the following week, I got a check for $400.00. The following week, I got a check for $1380.00 which I didn't expect. WHEN YOU PRAYED OVER SOME BILLS, I GOT ALL THOSE BILLS PAID OFF AND THE MONEY'S STILL COMING IN! And week bfore last, I sent a check for $20 to you, and coming back...I just picked up $10!" (no name given)

And my favorite:

"I received $113,000.00 and a brand-new MERCEDES BENZ when I made a Vow." (Elizabeth)


The sad thing is that some Christians fall for this. It appeals to their flesh, leading them into the sin of craving money and material things under the guise of spiritual legitimacy. What a shame that Pastor Stewart considers "God's best" for us to be money - not Christ. Interestingly, there is no reference at all to Jesus in any of the materials I was sent.

Let us be reminded that there are wolves in sheep's clothing eager to deceive and harm the sheep. Let us be quick to protect our sheep by helping them grow in wisdom and discernment, so that they are not "tossed to and from by the waves and carried along by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes." (Eph. 4:14)

JN

PS. I would not want to be Pastor Stewart on Judgment Day. It is a dangerous thing to be in the business of trying to deceive and destroy those who belong to the Bride of Christ. Our great Groom will respond in righteous, furious justice on that great day. Let us all tremble.

No comments: