Monday, September 3, 2007

Football


I'm not sure why I enjoy NFL football so much. The truth is, after preaching on Sundays, I love being able to come home, relax, and watch the games. Especially Sunday Night Football.

Anyway, my fantasy league just finished their draft, and even though I didn't get everybody I wanted, I'm satisfied with my team:

QB - Tony Romo (Dallas)
RB - Joseph Addai (Indy)
RB - Laurence Maroney (New England)
WR - Marques Colston (New Orleans)
WR - Calvin Johnson (Detroit)
WR - Randy Moss (New England)
TE - Jason Witten (Dallas)
K - Robbie Gould (Chicago)
Defense: Cowboys

Reserve QB - Rex Grossman (Chicago)
Reserve RB - Chester Taylor (Minnesota)
Reserve WR - Deverey Henderson (New Orleans)
Reserve TE - David Martin (Miami)
Reserve Defense: Seahawks

So I need Peyton Manning to throw less to Marvin Harrison and instead give the ball more to Addai. I need Romo to be excellent, especially using Witten at Tight End (as he did in preseason). And I need the Cowboys defense to make big plays. I also need New England to have an excellent year offensively.


On another note, I finished reading Tony Dungy's book last night. What a great testimony for Christ! It's rare to find a man with such worldly success who still cares more about spiritual things. The book is a great read - I highly recommend it.


Anyone else care about football?

4 comments:

TheBeastMan said...

Went with the rookie CJ, huh? Hope he does well.

Here's my team:

QB: Vince Young (Ten)
RB: Willie Parker (Pit)former Heel...
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew (Jac)
WR: Mark Clayton (Bal)
WR: Donte Stallworth (NE)
TE: Alge Crumpler
WR/TE: Ronald Curry(Oak)nother Heel
WR/RB: Thomas Jones (NYJ)
K: Jeff Reed (Pit) one more Heel
DEF: Jac
D player: Mike Vrabel (NE)

BN: Dennis Northcutt (Jac, WR)
BN: Jay Cutler (Den, QB)
BN: Leon Washington (NYJ, RB)
BN: Antwaan Randle-El (Wash, WR)
BN: Ernest Wilford (Jac, WR)
BN: Desmond Clard (Chi, TE)

Also, my pastor lent me the Dungy book and I've been looking forward to reading it.

pastor justin said...

I've never been a big football fan. Baseball is my game.
My fantasy baseball season is in its last week. I'm ranked 2nd and the head-to-head playoffs started this week.

This is my second time playing fantasy baseball in the last 3 years. I have resolved never to play again.
My heart is too sinful to just "play for fun." If I play something, I must win. If I'm not winning, then I feel like I've got to spend more time on it.
Needless to say, I've spent more time this year checking the baseball scores then I care to spend on it for the rest of my life.

Maybe football would be better since most of the games are on one day of the week. Baseball is an everyday sport.

TheBeastMan said...

JC,

Fantasy Baseball was too much for me too. The football is much easier to keep up with and doesn't take up nearly as much time.

Unknown said...

I am afraid I don't have much time to play games anymore. If only I had the time to go fishing. Ahhh, even most of the disciples would agree with that. I must put in more time putting God's Word in my heart and mind.

Not trying to put a guilt trip on anyone, but I have got to give the Holy Spirit more to work with in dealing with me.

As an older pastor, it makes me feel like I must get closer to Him. I must, because someday in the future I will meet Him face to face.

Texas Ron Linebarger (Line-bar-ger)
www.kindlytalk.com