Monday, June 11, 2007

The Other Convention

While the SBC is meeting this week in San Antonio, the General Assembly of the PCA will also be meeting in Atlanta, GA. And boy do they have an issue on their hands. I have already expressed my deep admiration for Douglas Wilson in previous posts, but I really can't get a handle on the federal vision thing. Apparently, neither can anyone else. The PCA study committee is expected to present their report and have its recommendations voted on, but the FV guys continue to assert that their views are being misrepresented. I have such admiration for them, I really wish I could have an honest understanding of what they believe - then I could begin to consider it and test it against the Scriptures.

If you want to take a stab at getting this (and then maybe you can explain it to me), go here. Either way, be in prayer for the PCA - it would be very sad for them to cast out some of their most stalwart pastors over a misunderstanding (if that's all it is).

No comments: