Tuesday, March 20, 2007

The 9-Marks Blog

There are now way too many blogs! Any person that tries to keep up with what is happening in the blogosphere - even just the evangelical blogosphere - might as well quit his job and become an internet hermit. That's why I've chosen only 5 blogs to look at regularly (weekly):

1. Justin Taylor's Between Two Worlds
2. The T4G Blog
3. Tim Challies
4. Desiring God
5. The Pyromaniacs

(And, of course, I keep an eye on Justin C. and Jim U.'s and Randy A.'s blogs!)

(By the way, check out Challies' post on Lawson's new book: The Expository Genius of John Calvin, of which Justin C. got a taste of at the Shepherd's Conference.)

All that said, I'm going to have to add one more blog to my "absolutely must read regularly list":

Mark Dever and the team at 9marks are now beginning their own blog at 9marks.org. Here is the update about it on the T4G blog:

"CJ is wonderfully loving the ministers he is committed to caring for. Lig is building his congregation and blogging over at Ref21. Al is educating us on all manner of things in the public press today, and also blogging at AlbertMohler.com. We're going to keep blogging here, and we're discussing how we might do that more helpfully. In the meantime, look for a new 9marks blog soon, over at 9marks.org. There I and some others will be taking on issues a bit more narrowly that have to do with components of a healthy church. Remember the CT cover story last year on young, restless and reformed? To get us kicked off over at the 9marks blog, I'm going to begin with a 10-part series on where I think all these folks came from! So it should be a fun discussion."
Justin N.

1 comment:

TheBeastMan said...

Justin,

I check a few more blogs than that... but it's pretty easy if you get a feeder. I use Google Reader (where's my check, Google). I can see local news, weather, blog headlines, etc all on one page.

But you're absolutely right... way too many blogs.