Friday, October 26, 2007

The Best J. I. Packer Book Ever!


Knowing God was good. Rediscovering Holiness was better (though apparently out of print). But no Packer book beats A Quest For Godliness: The Puritan Vision of the Christian Life. This book is a must read - I've read its various chapters on numerous occasions. It is full of great quotes and illustrations, and though its academic, it cuts straight to the heart.






The book has six sections, each containing three chapters:
1. The Puritans in Profile
2. The Puritans and the Bible
3. The Puritans and the Gospel
4. The Puritans and the Holy Spirit
5. The Puritan Christian Life
6. The Puritans in Ministry

I have told many people before that I consider this one of the top 5 books I've ever read. If you haven't read it, do so soon.

No comments: